Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Glass Menagerie

Okay, so I have not finished reading this yet, but I decided I wanted to blog about it now anyways. I cannot make up my mind whether or not I like this play. Part of me thinks it is kind of boring, especially compared to some other plays, but then the other part thinks maybe it is not actually that boring since I have yet to fall asleep reading it or watching it in class. Two things I have been confused about are how Laura is crippled and why is the glass menagerie so important. Is Laura's leg what makes her crippled? And I know Laura loves her glass menagerie, but I do not see how they are important enough for the play to be named after them. I thought Tom was the main characters since he is the narrator, not Laura. Or maybe this is just one of those times where the play is named that because it sounds cool and it interests you. I know I was definitely interested in reading it based on the title alone because I was not sure what menagerie was. Maybe the answers to my questions are at the end of the play and I should just stop being impatient and go finish reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment