Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminal Insane

I am not a huge fan of poetry because, most of the time, I do not understand it, but I thought this poem was actually kind of interesting. From what I understood, Hard Rock was a bad guy, so he underwent a lobotomy to try to change that. Everyone thought it was a success since he stopped doing bad things, when really it mentally impaired him. This poem had to have taken place a long time ago because people do not get lobotomies anymore. We know the consequences of them and that they do not work. Even though it creeps me out, I find all the stuff that they used to do in the hospitals for the criminally insane fascinating. To think about some of the things that they used to do to people just blows my mind. It almost seems stupid to us now that they actually thought they were helping people by doing that stuff. Then again, it also makes you think about what if people in the future find some of the things that we do stupid because we are not actually helping anyone or anything. I am sure they will, but we learn from our mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. This poem was defiantly abstract, and felt more like a free verse story than a traditional poem with a rhyme scheme, but was still interesting.

    ReplyDelete