Monday, April 1, 2013

The Road Not Taken

This is actually one poem that I do not mind reading. I think it is because I have read it so many times by now that it is familiar to me, and therefore I am comfortable with it. I think that is my problem with poetry. It is not always an easy read, making it out of my comfort zone, which is the reason I do not like it. It is kind of hard to like something when you do not understand it. Going back to this particular poem, however, I not only like this poem because I understand it, I also like its message. It is saying not to be like everyone else. You should not be afraid to be different and take chances. Robert Frost is encouraging you to take that road less traveled. My favorite lines in this poem are the last three of the final stanza. They are the ones I have memorized after having read this poem all of those times. Every time I have some decision to make, whether it is big or small, I think back to those lines. And I have to admit, they have influenced quite a bit of my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment